Careers with Boston
Let’s build something better
We are building something so different that others don’t know how to copy it. It’s more than just a team, or a company, or a slogan. We hunt for the most ambitious and talented people we can find, give them resources and direction, and unleash them on the world of private wealth. Clients love it, intermediaries need it, and competitors fear it. We need people who share the vision and want to be a part of something truly progressive.
Maybe you’re a lawyer who’s sick of statutes. Maybe you’re a banker who’s bored of balances. Maybe you’re just starting out. It doesn’t matter. What matters is who you want to be. You want that challenge, that opportunity to show the real extent of your skills.
This is your chance.
Contact email@example.com to take the next step.
Douglas, Isle of Man
We are looking for a Client Accountant to join our growing international team, reporting to a Senior Client Accountant. The primary responsibility of this junior to mid-level role (depending on experience) is to prepare client accounts, returns, and related information for a broad and diverse portfolio of clients. However, the right candidate will also help to develop and maintain a positive and commercially aware culture. The role includes:
- Maintaining bookkeeping records of client entities on a regular basis.
- Providing ad-hoc valuations, reconciliations, and other financial reports as may be required by clients.
- Liaising with relevant parties to obtain information to allow the preparation of financial statements and returns.
- Ensuring service standards and company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Using best judgement to highlight and report significant matters to management.
- Maintaining exceptional levels of service across the portfolio at all times with the emphasis on “adding value”.
- Supporting existing client relationships as required.
We would expect a successful applicant to have a number of years’ experience in a relevant financial services environment and to hold or be working towards a recognised qualification such as ACCA. We are also looking for:
- Good understanding of accounting and VAT principles and how they apply to client circumstances.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish productive working relationship with team members.
- Experience of one or more related accountancy software packages and a knowledge of relevant applications.
- A basic understanding of trust and corporate services and their practical applications.
- General awareness of Isle of Man tax and VAT implications, Isle of Man Companies Acts, and AML/compliance legislation.
- A basic understanding of banking procedures and practices.
- Disciplined and organised approach.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. As a family-run business, we understand the importance of investing in our employees and their families, so the role also comes with private health care and performance related bonuses.
We are an independent, privately owned professional services group. We offer bespoke family office and fiduciary solutions to high net worth individuals, families, and corporate clients. Our responsible approach to building and protecting wealth stems from their history as a family office and we boast a truly intimate understanding of the demands and expectations of stewardship.
Risk and Compliance Administrator
Douglas, Isle of Man
We are searching for a risk and compliance administrator to join our risk and compliance team. This is an opportunity for an intelligent candidate to take on a complex and important role whilst contributing clearly to the rapid growth of an innovative, young, and interesting company. You will work with, support, and learn from the Risk and Compliance Director to support a range of ongoing projects including FATCA and CRS compliance and GDPR. The role includes:
- Working with other team members and external tax advisors to ensure Boston complies with all global FATCA, CRS, and related initiatives and to enable accurate and timely reporting as required.
- Ensuring all FATCA and CRS client matters are actively monitored and material matters are notified to the director.
- Project work in relation to the forthcoming GDPR legislation.
- Performing detailed review and data collation exercises to produce risk and compliance reports.
- Maintaining internal databases, policies, and procedures in line with regulatory requirements.
- Internal audit reporting.
Some experience is required, but character is essential and finding the right cultural match for our open and dynamic team is important to the business. You will have the following qualities:
- Strong analytical skills and an intelligent approach to risk.
- Good organisational and project management capabilities, including the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Great inter-personal and communication skills to help when informing and guiding other teams and training colleagues where appropriate.
- A background in fiduciary services or compliance, including direct FATCA and CRS experience.
- Have or are working towards a recognised industry qualification.
As a family-run business, we understand the importance of investing in our employees and their families, so the role also comes with private health care, a generous pension scheme, death in service cover, and the opportunity to develop quickly through training. Flexible working hours would be considered for the right candidate. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
Boston Multi Family office is an independent, privately owned professional services group. We offer bespoke family office, recruitment, and capital introduction solutions to high net worth individuals, families, and corporate clients, as well as a range of consultancy services. We have offices in the Isle of Man, Malta, and Dubai.