Careers with Boston
Let’s build something better
We are building something so different that others don’t know how to copy it. It’s more than just a team, or a company, or a slogan. We hunt for the most ambitious and talented people we can find, give them resources and direction, and unleash them on the world of private wealth. Clients love it, intermediaries need it, and competitors fear it. We need people who share the vision and want to be a part of something truly progressive.
Maybe you’re a lawyer who’s sick of statutes. Maybe you’re a banker who’s bored of balances. Maybe you’re just starting out. It doesn’t matter. What matters is who you want to be. You want that challenge, that opportunity to show the real extent of your skills.
This is your chance.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to take the next step.
Client Accountant, Isle of Man
Douglas, Isle of Man
We are looking for a Client Accountant to join our growing international team, reporting directly to the head of the department. The primary responsibility of this junior to mid-level role (depending on experience) is to prepare client accounts, returns, and related information for a broad and diverse portfolio of clients. However, the right candidate will also help to develop and maintain a positive and commercially aware culture. The role includes:
- Maintaining bookkeeping records of client entities on a regular basis.
- Providing ad-hoc valuations, reconciliations, and other financial reports as may be required by clients.
- Liaising with relevant parties to obtain information to allow the preparation of financial statements and returns.
- Ensuring service standards and company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Using best judgement to highlight and report significant matters to management.
- Maintaining exceptional levels of service across the portfolio at all times with the emphasis on “adding value”.
- Supporting existing client relationships as required.
We would expect a successful applicant to have a number of years’ experience in a relevant financial services environment and to hold or be working towards a recognised qualification such as ACCA. We are also looking for:
- Good understanding of accounting and VAT principles and how they apply to client circumstances.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish productive working relationship with team members.
- Experience of one or more related accountancy software packages and a knowledge of relevant applications.
- A basic understanding of trust and corporate services and their practical applications.
- General awareness of Maltese tax and VAT implications, Malta Companies Acts, and AML/compliance legislation.
- A basic understanding of banking procedures and practices.
- Disciplined and organised approach.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. As a family-run business, we understand the importance of investing in our employees and their families, so the role also comes with private healthcare and performance-related bonuses.
We are an independent, privately owned professional services group. We offer bespoke family office and fiduciary solutions to high net worth individuals, families, and corporate clients. Our responsible approach to building and protecting wealth stems from their history as a family office and we boast a truly intimate understanding of the demands and expectations of stewardship.