EXPAND YOUR CAREER HORIZONS
EMBRACE CHANGE, KNOW DIFFERENT
We are building something different here. It’s more than just a team, or a company, or a slogan. We hunt for the most ambitious and talented people we can find, give them resources and direction, and unleash them on the world of private wealth. Clients love it, intermediaries need it, and our staff enjoy it.
We need people who share the vision and want to be a part of something truly progressive, so if that’s you, then make your voice heard by getting in touch. We’d love to find out more about you.
A Family Business
It’s in the name. We’re a family owned business and that permeates our culture. Relationships really matter, and we pride ourselves on being flexible, supportive, and empowering. Private healthcare, ‘death in service’, and generous contributory pension plans all come as standard, and we operate protected bonus funds for staff that come before executive pay-outs.
The experienced and respected professionals who make up our leadership team come from a wide range of backgrounds. We’re proud to have naturally balanced boards in terms of both age and gender, helping us build an inclusive culture in which senior staff are approachable, and a structure that keeps them accountable.
A Place To Grow
With us you aren’t just a cog in a machine, spinning in place until you wear out. As a boutique, service-focused company, we know that investing in our staff is the best way to develop our clients. Personal mentoring, on the job training, and opportunities for advancement at home or abroad are available for every phase of your career.
BASED IN THREE JURISDICTIONS
Isle of Man
Based in the capital, Douglas, our modern and spacious head offices are conveniently located and offer the option of designated parking for those commuting from the country. The rooftop terrace is popular with staff, offering excellent views of the bay and a quiet spot for lunch or just a quick break.
Our recently refurbished offices in Sliema are very central, conveniently located for the ferry to Valetta or for popping out to a seaside café or a spot of shopping for lunch. The local team are also well known for their parties, making the most of the sunshine capital of Europe.
Our newest office is situated in the Emirates Financial Towers, right in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre. The small office still has that start up feel that comes from building a new offering in one of the world’s most dynamic financial centres.
Senior Client Accountant
€25,000 to €32,000 based on experience
We are looking for a Senior Client Accountant to join our growing Maltese team, reporting directly to the head of client service. The primary responsibilities of this role are to head the accounting team, provide additional managerial resource, and assist in servicing clients through the preparation of financial statements and reviewing or supervising work performed by the accounting team.
The role includes:
- Liaising closely and primarily with the administration team with regards to clients’ requirements.
- Preparing/reviewing financial statements including tax and/or VAT returns for both Malta and Isle of Man entities.
- Assisting the Malta accounting team members with any queries and assign work and tasks.
- Ensuring that all the tasks within the portfolio of clients are completed in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Providing ad-hoc valuations, reconciliations, and other financial reports as may be required by clients.
- Liaising with relevant parties to obtain information to allow the preparation of financial statements and returns.
- Ensuring service standards and company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Using best judgement to highlight and report significant matters to management.
- Maintaining exceptional levels of service across the portfolio at all times with the emphasis on “adding value”.
- Supporting existing client relationships as required.
We would expect a successful applicant to have a number of years’ experience in a relevant financial services environment and to hold a recognised qualification such as ACCA. We are also looking for:
- Good understanding of accounting and VAT principles and how they apply to client circumstances.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish productive working relationship with team members.
- Experience of one or more related accountancy software packages and a knowledge of relevant applications.
- A good understanding of trust and corporate services and their practical applications.
- A good understanding of Maltese tax and VAT implications, Malta Companies Acts, and AML/compliance legislation.
- A basic understanding of banking procedures and practices.
- A disciplined and organised approach.
We are an independent, privately owned professional services group. We offer bespoke family office and fiduciary solutions to high net worth individuals, families, and corporate clients. Our responsible approach to building and protecting wealth stems from our history as a family office and we boast a truly intimate understanding of the demands and expectations of stewardship. Based in Sliema, we offer a fun and flexible working environment.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. As a family-owned business, we understand the importance of investing in our employees and their families, so the role also comes with private health care and performance related bonuses.